"Pondside Educational Summits, Members ONLY!
All Members invited
Including those belonging to Member Clubs!
Always chek here for the latest information!
Individual Membership Renewals DUE BY MARCH 1, 2022!
Club Membership Renewals DUE BY JANUARY 1, 2023
Pondside Schedule for 2023 - 12 Noon, Eastern Time
February 25 - When the Unexpected Happens.
What happens to a pond and Koi when a pond owner dies? Will someone know how to take care of the pond? Do the Koi need to be re-homed? And what if you buy a home with a Koi pond that has no documentation? Find out answers to these and other questions from K.O.I. experts!
CLICK HERE for a FREE Download of a K.O.I. Pond Checklist, as used in the presentation.
June 17 - “Let The Beauty Bloom In and Around Your Pond”
Kevin Fuess will cover a wide variety of topics about plants and ponds. He will discuss ponds for just plants, plants for goldfish and plants for Koi ponds. Plants for various water depths will be shown, as well as how to incorporate plants into the landscape to beautify your pond. Did you know that some common plants are toxic to Koi? Do you know how to protect your expensive lilies from destructive Koi? Come and learn!
Past Pondsides for 2022
Presentations will be held via Zoom at NOON, Eastern time, USA. CLICK HERE to convert your time to Eastern time
Check with your club K.O.I. rep to join
March 26 - Taro Kodama on Buying Young Koi
Things to know before you buy Koi
Things to check when you buy young Koi
-- Age, Breeder
-- How old is young?
-- Koi's beauty ( quality? pattern?)
-- How Koi can change from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan
Things to do after you buy young Koi
CLICK HERE to see Taro's Charts from the presentation.
June 4 - Spike Cover on Retrofits and Pond Improvements
NOTE CHANGE IN TIME - 1:30 MOUNTAIN TIME (3:30 EDT, 12:30 Pacific, 2:30 Central)
Improve Your Pond!
Make it easier so tasks get done more often!
- Automate waste removal from the pond
- Make filters easier to clean
- Create an automatic pond refill system
- Use an automatic feeder - several designs discussed
Create a better environment for the Koi!
- Add filtration
- More water changes
- Better aeration
- Better circulation, dead-spot elimination
- Eliminate green water
- Regular feeding
- Increased Pond Volume
CLICK HERE to see Spike's Summary Charts from the presentation.
August 13 - John Seifert on Changing a Pond over to Anoxic Filtration - a case study
November 12 - Syd Mitchell "Koi Nutrition" Presented on Zoom Noon EST
● Poikikthermic Nutrition ● Ingredients required for Koi nutriton
● Why you only need one Koi food ● Guidance in choosing a diet and feeding
In 2021, there were 4 Pondside Summits:
1. April 10, Saturday, 12 Noon EST. Pondside: Quarantine Options. Powerpoint. Karen Pattist.
2. July 10, Saturday, 12 Noon EDT. Pondside: Water Conservation. Presentation by Spike Cover.
FREE Handout to download HERE
3. October 9, Saturday, 12 Noon EDT . Pondside: What's Going On In Your Pond. Monte McQuade.
4. January 22, 2022, 12 Noon EST . Pondside: ROUNDTABLE with Syd Mitchell and Spike Cover - Ask Your Questions To Our International Experts.
To assure we answer a many questions as possible - PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR QUESTION IN ADVANCE!
Email your question to Karen Pattist - firstname.lastname@example.org
K.O.I. - Helping YOU to expand your knowledge!
Supplement #8 for all those that renew in 2022 - TABS for your Guide!
The GUIDE is for Individual MEMBERS ONLY!
The only way to get a Guide is to buy a K.O.I. Membership. Basic Membership is $24 gets you the Basic Guide. PLUS Membership is $110 gets you the Guide and ALL 8 Supplements, PLUS the Pondside Summit Series. CLICK HERE to learn about the Guide.
Guide Page Sets are: Original, S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6 and S7.
S8 for those that renew in 2022 - TABS!
Check your binder for missing pages: CLICK HERE
If you missed a Guide Supplement, you may contact our store manager (Kevin Fuess email@example.com) and purchase any missing Supplements so that your Guide is complete!
K.O.I. ALWAYS gives you VALUE for your membership dollars that no other org can duplicate!
Individual Members Receive:
- K.O.I. Guide - READ MORE
- "Pondside" Series of Educational Summits
- Discount on E-Books - 20%
- Discount on Courses - 10%
- Access to GROUP BUYS
- Access to Archived Articles
- Access to NEW Articles before anyone else sees them!
- RESEARCH - get answers to questions
CLUB Members Receive:
- K.O.I. will partner with your club to provide 1 CKK SCHOLARSHIP PER YEAR for only $100 (that's 7 courses, including the LAB)
- 1 PRESENTATION to club by a K.O.I. Director (using Skype or another webinar package)
- "Pondside" Series of Educational Summits
- Your Newsletter Editor receives a copy of the K.O.I. NEWS plus an article EVERY MONTH
- Your Newsletter Editor has access to all K.O.I. Archived Articles and Blog Entries to help provide additional good content for your members
- Group Courses at HALF PRICE for any $25 K.O.I. course (minimum 4 students, no maximum)
- Group Courses at HALF PRICE for any $50 K.O.I. course (minimum 6 students, $37.50 each for groups of 4-5 students)
- Group LAB at $40 per Student (minimum 3 students, no maximum)
- Access to Group Buys at Member Prices
- Post your club events (meetings, shows, pond tours, etc) on our site!