Earning a Certificate of Completion as a K.O.I. KeeperSM
Summary: To earn a Certificate of Completion and the title of K.O.I. Keeper, a person must complete a specific nine-course curriculum.
The difference between earning a Certificate of Completion as a K.O.I. Keeper and becoming a Certified Koi Keeper is explained in the document entitled, “Becoming Certified vs. Earning a Certificate.”
To earn a Certificate of Completion and status as a K.O.I. Keeper, a person needs to complete all nine (9) courses in the curriculum specified below.
K.O.I. Keeper curriculum:
201 – Water Quality
202 – Pond Construction
203 – Pond Filtration
204 – Koi Nutrition
205 – Koi Anatomy
206 – Koi Physiology
207 – Koi Diagnosis and Treatment
208 – Quarantine, Bio-Security and Record Keeping
In general and for each course, students must take their final exam by November 15th of the year in which a course was purchased. If additional time is desired, an extension fee can be paid, and the student will have until November 15th of the following year to complete a course. All courses for in the curriculum must be completed within two (2) calendar years of taking the first course. If not, students must repay the fees and start the courses and testing over. In order to qualify for an extension, a student must:
- Rspond to enquiries via email
- Express plans to complete the course within the extension period
- Provide an explanation of why extra time is needed (health or family issues, etc.)
Some courses may be started at any time, while others will have specific start and end times. Students will be allowed three (3) different sessions for a course that has specific start and end times. See the Syllabus for each course for the specific requirements of that course.
The courses will be taught on line and the fee for each course in the curriculum will be $25, except the 220-LAB and 207-Koi Diagnosis and Treatment for which the fees will be $50 and $80, respectively. The LAB will require on-line attendance at specific dates and times. All 9 courses in the curriculum may be purchased at one time for a fee of $205 (a savings of $100). Members receive an additional 10% discount on all courses and groups of courses.
Once having earned a Certificate of Completion, a person will receive:*
• One (1) K.O.I. pin sent by mail
• A Certificate of Completion sent by mail acknowledging the successful completion of the curriculum and the earned title of K.O.I. Keeper
• A $30 credit toward the purchase of K.O.I. courses and/or ebooks
• A 50% discount on K.O.I. ebooks
• A 25% discount on additional individual K.O.I. courses – this discount does not apply to course bundles already discounted.
* Note: Persons seeking Certified Koi Keeper status will receive a different completion package – see: Becoming a Certified Koi Keeper.