K.O.I. Scholarships to become a CKK for 2022 CLOSED Nov 15!
CKK Scholarships for clubs are ALWAYS OPEN!
If Your Club is a K.O.I. Member Club, ask how your club can sponsor you for a Scholarship at any time! email Bill: email@example.com
Requirements for any CKK Scholarship :
- You must Pay a $100 fee up front. The fee is fully refundable, making your certification FREE, if all courses are successfully completed within one year of registration.
- K.O.I. Scholarships do not require a membership.
- Scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis, but you must agree to the program terms in an email before registration is complete.
- You must have the ability to Read and Edit Microsoft Word files in English.
- You must have a working email address, and have Internet access.
- Scholarships only cover course tuition. US students will be mailed a lab kit. International students will be given a supply list to procure locally.
- You must own or have access to a microscope with 200x magnification.
- You must own or have access to a gram scale: 100 gr capacity; 0.01 gr resolution.
- You must own or have access to the “Koi Diagnosis and Treatments” book by Duncan Griffiths.
- You must submit very brief monthly reports (required each month from all scholarship students who have not yet graduated).
Note: no one who has stuck with it has failed to complete the CKK curriculum. It’s not terribly difficult. It just takes time, commitment and a moderate amount of work.
Club Scholarships require that the club is a K.O.I. Member Club, and you must be a paid-up member of your club. Club scholarships are offered at the descretion of the club, and must be approved by the club.
Signups for 2022 open November 1 and close November 15.
To start, students purchase the CKK scholarship package from the K.O.I. website and send an email acknowledgement (to firstname.lastname@example.org) that they have read and understand the program requirements and cautionary notes on this page. Students may begin working once they receive conformation that they scholarship application has been accepted.
K.O.I. Member Clubs may sponsor their own CKK scholarship at any time - with no limits! Email Sue email@example.com for details.
Koi Organisation International (K.O.I.) is offering 10 scholarships in 2022 for which anyone may apply. Limit 1 per club. All applications must include their club affiliation, but clubs need not be K.O.I. member clubs.
K.O.I. will track all students’ progress (Note: REAL NAMES [not just screen names] will be used to disclose and track the progress of scholarship recipients on websites).
Scholarships cover course tuition (a $205 value). All other expenses are the student's responsibility (see details below).
Payment reserves a scholarship, but MUST be accompanied by an email saying you have read and agree to the terms.
Students completing their courses on time may choose to have their scholarship fee of $100 returned to them by the hosting organization, or students may choose to donate their fee to the org. To specify your refund preference upon completion, contact Sue Kingston (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All courses, including both parts of the Lab, must be completed within one year of registering in order to qualify for a refund of the $100 deposit.
Total permissible time (including paid extensions) to complete the program is 2 years – after that, students must start over from scratch.
Students may take the nine courses in the order that works best for them. We recommend that students begin with the three easiest courses (Anatomy, Physiology, Biosecurity), then progress to the less-easy (Nutrition, Filtration, Construction) and finish with the more difficult Water Quality, Diagnosis & Treatment, and the Lab. No matter what other order you choose to do the courses in, Diagnosis and Treatment must be 8th and the Lab must be 9th. Coursework should be started no later than 6 months following registration.
The following is a chart of the amount of time to expect each course to take.
Course Average time to finish Actual Study Time
Anatomy 1 week 4-6 hours
Physiology 1 week 4-6 hours
Biosecurity 1 week 4-6 hours
Nutrition 2 weeks 8-12 hours
Construction 3 weeks 12-16 hours
Filtration 2 weeks 8-12 hours
Water Quality 4 weeks 16-20 hours
Diag & Trtmt 5-6 weeks 50 hours
Lab 2 wks 8-12 hour
Remember - you must submit very brief monthly reports (required each month from all scholarship students who not yet graduated).
Failure to submit reports for 2 months in a row will cause you to be dropped from the program without a refund.
CLICK HERE to PURCHASE a K.O.I. Scholarship for 2022 - $100 up front