A CKK (Certified Koi Keeper) is a person who has either,
- Met both the completion and continuing education requirements of the CKK curriculum offered by Koi Organisation International, Inc. (K.O.I), or
- Been grandfathered and cross certified from the Koi Health Advisor program and met the continuing education requirements of the CKK program.
The goal of the Certified Koi Keeper curriculum is to provide a solid understanding of the primary Koi health and husbandry issues.
Koi Organisation International, Inc. supports all Certified Koi Keepers as persons very qualified to diagnose and treat many common Koi pond and fish problem.
To earn K.O.I. certification as a Certified Koi Keeper, a person must take and pass all 9 courses in the Certified Koi Keeper curriculum specified below:
- K.O.I. 201 – Water Quality
- K.O.I. 202 – Pond Construction
- K.O.I. 203 – Pond Filtration
- K.O.I. 204 – Koi Nutrition
- K.O.I. 205 – Koi Anatomy
- K.O.I. 206 – Koi Physiology
- K.O.I. 207 – Koi Diagnosis and Treatment
- K.O.I. 208 – Quarantine, Bio-Security and Record Keeping
- K.O.I. 220 – Koi LAB
All courses for becoming a Certified Koi Keeper must be completed within 12 months of the first instructor contact. If additional time is desired, 12-month extensions may be purchased for $25 for a single course or $50 for multiple courses. Students may request extensions from the Student Manager prior to the expiration of the time originally allotted to complete their course(s). If the student qualifies and buys an extension, the Store Manager will issue instructions on how to activate the extension. In order to qualify for an extension, a student must:
Rspond to enquiries via email
Express plans to complete the course within the extension period
Provide an explanation of why extra time is needed (health or family issues, etc.)
Some courses may be started at any time, while others will have specific start and end times. See the Syllabus for each course for the specific requirements for that course.
The fee for each course above will be $25, except for the LAB for which the fee will be $50 and the Koi Diagnosis and Treatment course which will be $80. The LAB will require on-line attendance at specific dates and times. All 9 courses for becoming a Certified Koi Keeper may be purchased at one time for a fee of $205 (a savings of $100). Members receive an additional 10% discount on all courses and groups of courses.
Once having earned their certification, Certified Koi Keepers will receive:
- A Certified Koi Keeper pin sent by mail
- A Certified Koi Keeper certificate sent by mail
- A $30 credit toward the purchase of K.O.I. courses and/or ebooks
- A template for printable Certified Koi Keeper business cards – sent by email
- A 50% discount on K.O.I. ebooks
- A 25% discount on additional K.O.I. courses and groups of courses
To maintain their certification, Certified Koi Keepers must acquire 15 Continuing Education Units every 2 years. More information about Continuing Education can be found in the K.O.I. CE Policy.