How to Build an Anoxic Filter and Anoxic Filtration Explained!
By: Syd Mitchell
This ebook contains step-by-step directions on how to size and build an Anoxic filter for your pond. The text explains how Anoxic filtration differs from conventional biological filtration, and the advantages and disadvantages of an Anoxic system. The sources for obtaining material for building a filter in both the USA and UK were updated in April of 2015.
This ebook explains both the theory behind Anoxic filtration and provides practical and well-illustrated step-by-step directions for building a filter. There are many Science Panels provided to explain the actual chemistry behind the text. Many pictures and drawings are provided to help the reader visualize every step of the process.
Koi Keepers reading this ebook will become familiar with:
- The difference between Anoxic filtration and a a bog filter
- How Anoxic filtration works
- The process that takes place inside a biocenosis basket
- How to size an Anoxic filter for your pond
- Anoxic filters that are pump-fed, gravity-fed, and airlift-fed
- How Anoxic filtration can co-exists with plants and growing out fry
- Drawbacks and Advantages of Anoxic filtration
- Step-by-step how to build an Anoxic filter
- Brands and sources for Anoxic filtration supplies