Welcome to one of the K.O.I. Short Courses. Short Courses can be taken entirely on-line, and completed, including test, in less than 2 hours! No interaction with an instructor is required, it is entirely self-paced. This video is only 7 minutes long!
- Purchase the course through the K.O.I. store by clicking on the Course Sign Up Tab.
- View the video. (Will be available in your My Account area)
- Take the on-line test. Any missed questions may be re-answered. A score of 80% is required to pass.
That's it! A Certificate of Completion will be emailed upon request. Congratulations!
In this course, you will become familiar with:
- How the Nitrogen Cycle Works
- How a filter is a home for beneficial bacteria
- How toxic ammonia is produced, and how to protect the Koi from ammonia toxicity
- How toxic nitrite is produced, and how to protect the Koi from nitrite toxicity
- How nitrates are produced, and how to reduce them
- How stress harms Koi
- What 4 water quality tests are required, and why
- The benefits of frequent partial water changes
- Why Koi growth reduces oxygen and increases ammonia
- Ability to watch video on-line
- Ability to send and receive files in email