Course Availability: Now
Koi Keepers enrolling in this course will become familiar with:
- What to have in a Koi health kit and why
- How to conduct and interpret the necessary water quality tests
- A basic understanding of how Koi Anatomy and Physiology affects heath
- How to properly examine Koi, including the use of a microscope and anesthesia
- How to properly treat Koi for a variety of ailments, including step-by-step procedures for ulcers, tail and fin rot, raised scales, repairing wounds and spit fins, among many others
- How to recognize the parasites that affect Koi and how to use medications
- How to determine what the problem is
All students will need a copy of the text "Step by Step Koi Diagnosis & Treatment" by Duncan Griffiths. The book is available at the K.O.I web site:
All students will need an email address and internet access to the K.O.I. websites
At a minimum, it is recommended that students have reviewed and understand the information presented in the K.O.I. 101 course, available free on this web site to Registered Users. This is an intermediate-level course, and will require some math skills.
The Diagnosis and Treatment Course will take the student through many techniques of Koi medicine to include helpful do's and don'ts. The Course covers diagnosis of Koi diseases and effective and timely treatment that reduces morbidity and prevents death. The student will learn how: diagnostic tools - microscopy and rapid diagnostic tests - and treatment chemicals - allow effective case management.
Read more about the Diagnosis & Treament Course
Course Type: Level 2 - Koi Health Courses
Course Number: 207